Friday, January 16, 2009

Jon Gruden Fired By Tampa Bay! My Lucky Streak Continues!!!


That sounds oh sooooooo good, I think I'll say it again.
.
John Gruden fired by Tampa Bay.
.
Good Riddance.
.
(Photo By Associated Press).
.
***Disclaimer - Yeah, I know, Gruden beat my boys in the Super Bowl. I'll never forget it nor will I get over the embarrassment even though he did it with a team put together by Tony Dungy. That said, I enjoyed knocking the man I affectionately call the "punk" out of the playoffs and helping end his tenure in Tampa. Cut me some slack, I have so little in life to get excited about...........hehehehehehehehehehehehe.*******
.
It was said in this spot that it would be fitting that Gruden be giving his walking papers following the Bucs collapse, which culminated in a home loss to the Raiders on the last day of the season.
.
And now, it has happened.
.
Wow, I should play the lottery or something.
.
Seriously........the Bruins are the best team in the NHL, Tar Heel hoops is solid, Denver, Dallas, Tampa Bay, and New England all missed the playoffs and the G-Men choked in the first round of the playoffs.
.
And..........most shockingly, I've survived over seven months of marriage without getting booted out of the house.............I'm on a serious roll here.
.
Maybe my fantasy baseball team can win its first title since '93, when I was young and naive and Bill Clinton was in his first term.
.
Jon Gruden fired by Tampa Bay. Yep, it still sounds good.
.
****Disclaimer #2 - Um, Chucky, as of this writing, we in the Raider Nation are still without a coach. We had a good thing in Oakland when you were here until your massive ego got in the way and you acted like a child to force your way out of town. Time heals all wounds (sometimes). You can bring Bruce Allen with you, he did a good job here. Just remember to leave your ego in Florida and just coach some football******
..
Predictions - While I'm busy hoping this sudden run of good luck culminates in Michael Crabtree becoming a Raider on draft day, here are the picks for this week's championship games:
.
Philadelphia 27, Arizona 24
.
Pittsburgh 20, Baltimore 9
.
Jon Gruden fired by Tampa Bay.........Had to say it just one more time
.
Life is good

No comments: