Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Taking Joy in the Misery of Others


As a Giant-hater living in New York.............thank you Philadelphia.
..
I have to say this about New York sports fans - all of them. They are loyal, knowledgeable, and passionate. But, give them a championship and they believe it is their birth rite to win every year.
.

In short, they don't appreciate it while it is happening. That is a fact.
..
Which is why I had an extra spring in my step in the office on Monday.
.
You see, if I want to watch NFL football on Sundays, I'm forced to watch the Giants each week. I can't get the NFL package where I live and my days of going to a sports bar during the day are well behind me.
.
My AFC choices are mostly the Jets, who are an annual letdown.....the Pats, who I can't stand, or the occasional Buffalo snooze-fest. Rarely, do I get an interesting football game to watch.
.
Please appreciate my joy in knowing that I'm free to enjoy the title games this week without Big Blue, Gang Green, the cheaters in Foxboro, or the Bills, who are so horrific I can't think of an insulting moniker to place on them.
..
It'll be a pleasure.

No comments: