Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Rantings of a Madman

Lets see...the Raiders won this week. So did Nebraska.

Hockey is underway, the Broncos lost last night, the Cowboys are a mess, it's World Series time, and I have a three-day weekend.

Yes, life is good.

Time to get a few things off my chest.................

Why is it that the media buries Al Davis for being out of touch all the time but Jerry Jones is just NOW starting to take some heat for wrecking the Dallas Cowboys?

Seriously, that team is a mess. The way Jones hogs the spotlight makes Mr. Davis look saintly. Don't believe me? You don't see Al Davis mugging for microphones and cameras, ever - unless he is firing a coach for being a liar and a phony.

Jones has no regard for his coaches, which takes away the authority of those in "charge". Wade Phillips is a puppet, the players know who is in charge.

It is the reason Bill Parcells is in Miami, trust me. Jerrah forced Terrell Owens on Parcells and the Big Tuna took his ball and went home. It is a circus in Big D, and that act historically isn't conducive to winning the in NFL.

Write it down, T.O. is ready to explode, he'll cause more than a ripple sometime very soon. Pacman Jones is, well, Pacman Jones. Dallas was the perfect fit for him.

Jones has created a very talented group that acts like they've won a bunch of Super Bowls together. Truth is, the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game since 1996. At this rate, they won't qualify for the playoffs this year, let alone win a postseason game.

World Series Prediction

Not going to go too in depth with the analysis here.

This should be the best World Series that nobody is going to watch in quite sometime. I'm a baseball fanatic so I'll be riveted to the Series.

The young Cinderella Rays against the powerful Phillies. It isn't' Manny and Joe Torre against the Red Sox, but as the Stones once sang....."You can't always get what you want."

I have no ax to grind with either club. A win for either club will make a nice story, and I'm a sucker for those.

I'm rooting for the Phillies for the lone reason that a win will do more for the moral of the sports-crazy Philadelphia sports fan. The Tampa fans probably would be over a loss in a matter of hours.

That is what I'd like to see happen. But it won't.

Tampa in six. James Shields will be the MVP






Upset Alert - Colt McCoy will win the Heisman Trophy. He's been the best player this year in a season filled with great quarterbacks.

However, the Longhorns will bite it this week at home against Oklahoma State. I picked the Cowboys over Missouri two weeks ago on my CollegeFootballNews.com blog - they changed my pick on me.

This time, its documented.....Oklahoma State 34, Texas 31.


Time to Drop the Puck



Please, please, please.........Let the Bruins win the Stanley Cup!

I've waited a lifetime. Forget everything else, I DESERVE IT.

The B's have lots of young talent up front and are as deep on the top three lines as they've ever been. The defensive corps is young and getting better and captained by massive Zdeno Chara.

The goaltending is good enough and Claude Julien is capable of guiding the team to the top.

Truth be told, this is probably the year that Sidney Crosby and the Penguins begin their mini-dynasty.

Anybody but Montreal.

The NBA starts next week. I don't care. Call me when the playoffs start, maybe I'll take a look at it then.

'Til next time

No comments: